We have had a great day so far! Charlie's grown out of most of his clothes - even though he's only in the 25% for height, it sure seems like he's doubled in size over the past few weeks. So we headed to Old Navy for some spring clothes shopping. He's now the proud owner of an adorable wardrobe of madras shorts and polos - hopefully the prep factor won't turn his daddy off! There are so many fewer cute little boys clothes than little girls ones generally, but the patchwork madras is everywhere this spring and is SO cute, so I couldn't resist. Then we headed down to the National Zoo to meet Carrie and her daughter Marie and Tracy and her daughter Carina. 
Luckily we got started early enough that the place wasn't fully packed until we were heading out. We saw a cheetah,
a zebra, some orangutans, elephants, and apes, including a mama carrying a baby ape on her back, SO cute. The Benadryl was getting to Charlie's head though, so I'm not sure how much he got out of it. I kept saying, "Look, Charlie, look at the ___, look over there!' only to see him staring over my shoulder at all the people standing behind us. He watched the cheetah and one of the orangutans for a bit, and I know he saw the emu because it was CLOSE but I'm betting he didn't take in much else. Oh well, the beauty of the DC zoo is that it is FREE and we can go anytime!
We're headed to Philadelphia tomorrow to see family, which will be fun. Hopefully the weather there will be as nice as it is here. I love spring!
We're headed to Philadelphia tomorrow to see family, which will be fun. Hopefully the weather there will be as nice as it is here. I love spring!
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment