It was so great to have some extra time at home this weekend! I had Thurs and Fri off and didn't have to travel, which make the holiday weekend seem so long. George unfortunately had to work a good part of the day on Thurs and a regular day on Friday, but even so, we got some good family time in. We had a great visit with Nana here. She came in Tues and stayed until Friday, and they got some time on their own while I was at work on Wednesday. Charlie loved playing with her, listening to her read, and getting spoiled by her!
Charlie continues to make great strides and make us proud. And sometimes annoyed... on Thanksgiving, he figured out he could stand up in his crib and reach his mobile. After that, nap time was non-existent, and through the monitor we kept hearing the mobile music start over again and again and again. He also decided to throw everything out of his crib, including the loveys and pacifier he doesn't sleep without. So we had a nap-free Thanksgiving morning, and as a result, our little guy slept right through our Thanksgiving afternoon meal! He made up for it once he woke up though, eating turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie! He loved it. I was glad, considering I had just cooking my first full Thanksgiving meal! Luckily everything turned out. Dry brined turkey is good!
Charlie's still working on his mobility. He's taken lots more steps on his own - only a few at a time, but he is getting more confident! He hit a stumbling block, literally, on Saturday though, falling and whacking his chin on the marble table on the way down. He didn't fall far, but he bit his tongue enough on the way down to draw blood on both sides. Those little baby teeth buds are SHARP! Poor little guy - we made sure he had plenty of frozen things to chew on after that! Then on Sunday he fell backwards off the couch - he's gotten really good at climbing off the couch on his own, but sometimes as he's crawling around, he doesn't realize how close to the edge he is. We've always been able to catch him in the past, but this time he went down fast! After some screaming, he was fine, but we felt like we were falling down on the job as parents.
On Sunday I decided to brave the crowds at Toys R Us and Christmas shop. One of the things I bought for Charlie is a Radio Flyer adjustable tricycle with a parent bar that sticks up in the back so we can push him around the neighborhood until he's big enough to petal on his own. The weather was so nice on Sunday and George was so excited about the new toy that he put it together right away and Christmas came early to our house! Charlie's legs are too short for him to petal now, even with the seat on the shortest setting, but he loved riding around our street on it anyway.
We took lots of photos over the week/weekend, so I'll post them soon!
3 comments:
we got one of those tricycles for alice for her 2nd birthday and she still loves it!
Yay! I can tell he's going to love it - even if he doesn't get to ride it again for MONTHS thanks to the crappy weather we're having.
I think this is the beginning of the age when they get the most bumps and bruises. Jacob fell of our couch last night just crawling around on it. I felt the same way you did.
Then I realized that it means we're letting our boys be a little independent and learning what it feels like to fall.
Post a Comment