Friday, September 11, 2009

swimming with sharks

On Monday, George and I took Charlie up to the Baltimore Aquarium. He has a water-themed baby "gym" mat that he loves, so I thought he might be into the fish, dolphins, etc. He was, kind of... I think it might be a bigger success in a few more months.

The aquarium doesn't allow strollers "for safety" - meanwhile, the 50lb backpack didn't feel very safe to me. My neck still hurts! But Charlie didn't mind it too much, and I like the concept - just would prefer it executed with a little less heavy metal. Ouch.
I tried to get pictures of Charlie looking at the fish, but every time I got the camera out and ready, he turned and looked at me. Ham!

We took Charlie to the dolphin show, which was pretty neat. Charlie has been making this high-pitched squeaky noise lately, so he probably figured he'd finally found some creatures that he could communicate with!
George took one photo of me so there would be evidence that I was part of the outing.

Baltimore has a great several-story ramp that you can walk down after you've seen all the fish. It's surrounded by water filled with swimming sharks. I love seeing their teeth - very impressive. It was a fun outing, but while Baltimore's aquarium wasn't bad, Atlanta blows it out of the water.

No comments: