
Charlie and I had a great time celebrating. George unfortunately had to go to West Virginia for work for the weekend, so we were on our own. Our neighborhood had a parade in the morning, so we decked Charlie's stroller out with a couple flags and a pinwheel, and walked over to the elementary school to check it out. The kids all had bikes decorated, and they had a wagon-decorating contest. We didn't stay to see who won, but I'm pretty sure I spotted the winner. There was a little girl dressed up in perfect period gear, faux-sewing a flag. Too cute! They also had an Abe Lincoln look-alike and a George Washington look-alike. Charlie wasn't too impressed by the presidents, but he should have been - Abe was a dead ringer! We were more focused on the firetruck and ambulance that lead the parade, and the horseback cops bringing up the rear, not to mention the hundred or so kids on bikes. I love our neighborhood!
After that, Charlie took a nice long afternoon nap and gave me a chance to take a bath and paint my toenails. I should have been weeding instead, but I gave myself a yard holiday! Once he woke up, we headed over to our friends' the Isaacs house for a 4th of July party. We unfortunately were only able to drop by for a short visit b/c I had to be home by 7 for a technology drop, but we had enough time to get in their pool for a while. It was Charlie's first true pool experience, and he LOVED it! He was the happiest I've ever seen him bouncing around in the water. He put his face in and kicked and splashed and laughed - so fun. It makes me sad to think we're on a 3 year waiting list for our neighborhood pool! Oh well.
Today Charlie slept until 9 a.m. (all his "swimming" clearly wore him out!) and then we went down to Old Town to walk around - the weather was so nice! We did some window-shopping and a little Charlie shopping (I can't resist), but thanks to Gap coupons, the stuff I bought him cost all of 18 cents!
Here are a few photos of Charlie from earlier today, in his adorable new shark outfit from Nana. You can see the look of mischief on his face - now that he crawls, he's into everything!
Watching me, mom?
Who, me?
I'm too cute to get into trouble!
No comments:
Post a Comment