Here is Charlie with his new best friend Claire. It was great to see them together - Claire is the daughter of our great friends Christine and James, and I've known her since she was born. Unfortunately, since Charlie was under kid-quarantine for a long time, I didn't get to see her for a year! But sweet Claire has been keeping up with Charlie on his blog, and was very excited to get to meet him. And he was equally enchanted with her. Thanks Wallaces for a fun evening - can't wait to see you again soon!
Next, Charlie got back together for another rendezvous with his good friend Marie. She seduced him with her feminine wiles, and before we knew it, his head was in her lap!


She's already crawling around and pulling up on the furniture. We were hoping Charlie would follow suit, but alas, he knows the power of his (extremely loud) voice to magically get things delivered to him.
Last weekend, we had a wonderful time in the Eastern Shore of MD with Katie, Brent, Ann and Gram Lamb and Papa Rex. Katie and I decided it would be fun to plan a family weekend away to celebrate the fact that our parents both have big birthdays this year. We found a neat house on Tilghman Island, and despite a rainy Friday, had a great time watching the babies together, shopping in St. Michaels, sitting by our pool overlooking the Chesapeake, and eating LOTS and LOTS of crabs! It was so fun to see Ann and Charlie together. Ann is the world's BEST baby. I mean, I feel lucky that Charlie is as sweet as he is, but Ann's temperament blows his right out of the water. She almost never cries, and has a perma-grin that lights up her little face. Charlie really makes us work for his smiles, but Ann bestows them on everyone who looks her way. What a sweetheart!
As all families do, we had to take some kids-in-the-tub photos that will resurface someday in front of their prom dates or at a rehearsal dinner, or some equally embarrassing occasion.
Charlie wasn't sure about sharing the tub with a GIRL!

Here George and I are pretending we have 2 kids.
It's an armful - don't think we'll be having a second anytime soon!
We spent lots of time on the cute back porch of the rental house. Here are Brent and Ann and George and Charlie enjoying the sun. George and Charlie are both sporting Hawaiian shirts, Charlie's a gift from my parents who recently returned from a Hawaiian vacation.

Charlie is SO very close to crawling - he leans forward and pulls himself up onto his knees, but seems to get his feet stuck together under him. If we can just teach him to move his feet back behind him, I think he'll take off and never look back.

Lastly, here's one of Charlie just looking cute!
Tomorrow starts 2 weeks without our beloved Pamela, who is going to visit family in Peru. George is taking three days off work next week to spend one-on-one time with Charlie - I'm sure we'll have some more photos to share after their adventures.
Thanks for staying with us even when I haven't been very good about keeping up. I'm going to aim to get back on the weekly blog schedule.

1 comment:
How did I not see this sooner? I love that my daughter is the seductress! Like mother, like daughter! LOL.
Post a Comment