Tuesday, June 23, 2009

HAPPY (belated) FATHER'S DAY!

I am sorry to have missed Father's Day on the blog - but we didn't miss it in our house! Daddy got breakfast delivered to him, including hot coffee in a travel mug with Charlie's face on it. Who could ask for anything more?? :) The occasion of Father's Day had me thinking about how great it is to have grown up with a terrific father and then get to watch my husband being such a wonderful dad as well. My dad worked so hard to give us so much growing up, but more importantly, he always made sure we had a healthy dose of reality, toughened us up, and most of all, always kept us laughing with his sometimes goofy, often inappropriate sense of humor. And now I get to see my husband doing the same for my son - making him giggle, coming up with crazy nicknames for him, and constantly teaching him new things. I love that my son has a great dad just like I do!

I helped Charlie pick out a few Fathers Day gifts - but then Charlie gave him the best gift of all when he started crawling! He's not moving very fast or very far, but he's definitely moving! We're really proud of him.

That's it for now - I posted all our pictures on Sat, so unfortunately I don't have any for this post, but we'll take lots this weekend.

No comments: