The food du jour yesterday and today was avocado. I read in the Super Food book about how good it is for brain development, how it is high in essential fats, and how it's a great first food to start a baby on. Seemed a little odd to me, but I like avocado, so I figured, why not. Charlie took to it maybe better than he took to the cereal, but he's still pretty undecided about eating in general. Here's a video testament:
I know we all think our own kids are the cutest kids ever to walk the earth, but the faces he makes while trying food are pretty hysterical.
Otherwise, all is well - we got approved for occupational therapy for the little guy, but of course the only provider that is available is out of network - hopefully it won't cost us an arm and a leg. It's worth it to go ahead and get him started with someone who can help make sure he's not falling too far behind when it comes to motor skills. He seems to be really catching on, though - he's sitting on his own for short periods of time (longer, if he doesn't realize there's nothing supporting him!) and reaching for toys all the time. He's also pretty much figured out the camera - whenever he sees it coming, he makes this closed mouth smile where he sucks his lower lip in and acts all coy. It's pretty funny. I have to really coax him to give me the big open-mouthed grin I love.
goofy face yesterday: same goofy face today:
Who, me??
1 comment:
Wow! He is getting big. Those eyelashes of his are to die for. Jacob has the same response to eating most foods - those funny faces provide plenty of entertainment!
Post a Comment