Elwood had been in George's life longer than I had - he survived life with a bachelor for years and then welcomed me with open paws. There aren't many cats that come when called, love a good tummy rub, and spoon their owners in bed - but Elwood was one of those cats. I'm sure he wasn't thrilled when we brought a screaming, attention-grabbing baby home, but he learned to accept Charlie as another warm body to snuggle against now and then. We'll get a new pet someday, but Charlie's fat black older brother Elwood will always hold a special place in our hearts.
Elwood wasn't very photogenic due to his complete blackness - usually his face just kind of blurred into the rest of him. But here are a few decent shots:
snuggling up to our other baby:
Standing on top of something we were reading or working on, classic Elwood mischief:

Enjoying his favorite activity:
Rolling his eyes at the baby excitement:
On to happier topics - we spent the weekend in Philadelphia, celebrating Nana's birthday. We got some great shots of Charlie with his Nana and his cousins: 







And a few more of Charlie:
3 comments:
Hi Marie,
I'm sorry to hear about Elwood. I know that loss all to well myself since we lost our cat Be-Be to diabetes earlier this year. I know that I haven't been on your blog for awhile and its so nice to see Charlie doing so well. I've tried to update Nyela's blog but I keep having issues with it. I'll keep trying though. She is getting so big. Anyway, I'm glad to see that all is well. I'm going back to work on the 15th. I can't believe that its been 6 months already. Time flies! :)
Take care!
Tamara
I am so sorry to hear about Elwood. I've lived nearly my whole life with one cat or another and know how difficult it is to say goodbye. I only hope our current 2 learn to accept our baby and quit ignoring him at some point the way Elwood learned to accept Charlie.
Charlie is getting so big and seems to really be developing well - way to go, Charlie!
I'm so sorry to hear that! My cat has been with me for 17 years, well, really only 9, since I haven't lived at home for the last 8 years and my parents won't give her up, but I know it must have broken your heart to say good bye. Meanwhile, Charlie looks cuter everyday!!!
Post a Comment