

So as you might be able to see from the photos above, Charlie has had a red, bumpy week. We noticed a slight rash around the outsides of his cheeks on Monday, so I got him a quick doctor's appointment on Tuesday so they could check it out. It appeared to be viral at first, which wasn't such a bad thing - the little guy is going to get sick eventually, and he wasn't running a fever or seeming to be in any pain, so I figured it would pass quickly. WRONG. By Wed. night, it was all over his body, and he was clearly uncomfortable - he kept rubbing his face against us like it was itching him. We had an appointment for a flu and RSV shot on Thursday anyway, so we visited the doctor's office again, and they decided it looks more like eczema than a viral rash. I was not thrilled with that news, since eczema can be a recurring thing, and I hate to think of him being this uncomfortable on a regular basis. But we'll see. As of today, it's better, but still not gone - it seems to be moving in waves down his body, so while his face looks a lot better, his torso is pretty bumpy.
In other news, he's been pretty cranky and mad the past few evenings. We're going to try upping his milk, and see if that makes a difference - maybe the little guy is just hungry. I'm hoping that is all it is, because the red-faced screaming makes us feel pretty crazy. Sometimes he doesn't even produce tears, he's just MAD. I think he definitely got a good dose of his dad's and my stubbornness!
Here he is this morning, completely drunk on formula:


With our friends Brian and Kate, who brought us a wonderful lunch yesterday and the adorable hat Charlie is wearing:

Trying out his Thanksgiving outfit from Auntie:


Pre-rash, looking cute in his football digs:

Snuggling with daddy, with a goofy look on his face:

And with good friend Artis, who visited him in the hospital several times and was glad to see him fat and healthy!

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!!
1 comment:
I will ask my mom if she has any tips about eczema (in case that's what it is) because I know my brother suffered through terrible eczema most of his babyhood. Poor little Charlie, that's got to be very uncomfortable!
Post a Comment