Charlie has started singing now, and it’s really funny. He sings Hap birfday to you, his ABCs, and as of last night, Baa baa black sheep. That one is the funniest, because he’s really only picked up a few of the actual words. He’s got the yes sir, yes sir part down, baa baa, and sheep, but the rest is kind of vague. But he loves to dance and sing it. I wish I could get him to do it on video, but he’s pretty against performing for the camera. I’m going to try to sneak-tape him – it’s too cute not to capture!
We went to the park twice today, so he was a very happy and very tired boy tonight. I bought a bike trailer used from a neighbor, and we tried it out for the first time this afternoon. He cried for the first few minutes of the ride – wasn’t sure what to think about riding in a little box – but by the end, he seemed to think it wasn’t too bad. I’m really excited about it; once he’s used to it, it’ll be great to be able to ride with him into Old Town, and it’ll also mean that we can spend a little more time at the park on weeknights, since we can get there and home faster. He’s so happy being outside, and I love this time of year when it stays lighter a little later and we can have some outdoor play time after work in the evenings.
Tonight after the park, he grabbed my baseball cap and put it on his head backwards while he played with his blackberry. Something about the backward cap made him look like such a grown-up boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment