Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lexington Visit




Someone who shall remain nameless gave me a hard time about my last post, since I barely even gave lip service to our trip to Lexington. We had a great time - but I had forgotten my camera, so I didn't have any pictures to share. But mom sent me her shutterfly album so I could share a few photos of our trip. 

We had a great time! Mom and Dad have neighbors that have a true menagerie -  sheep and lambs, a llama, a duck, a goose, a few cats, a dog, and the list goes on. They were kind enough to invite us over, so that Ann and Charlie could see the baby lambs. They were fuzzy and black and adorable, but the llama was the big hit - Charlie and Ann both fed her carrots!  They also sent us home with some big goose eggs that Ann, Mom and I dyed (Charlie wasn't too interested).

Charlie had a great time hanging out with his Gram and Papa Rex. He and Papa are buddies - Charlie especially loves that Papa has back scratchers stashed all over the house, and gave Charlie many a back scratch while we were there. We also had fun with their wagon (Ann is very strong for such a little girl!), blowing bubbles, running up and down the huge hills at my parents' house, and playing at Boxerwoods, a fantastic natural playground in big Lex. 

Charlie and Ann had lots of fun together too. Whenever he couldn't see where she was, Charlie would yell, "Ann, Ann" until she came running or he found her. It's so fun to see them enjoying each other. 

Our little guy turns three tomorrow! It is hard to believe that three years have passed since his surprise arrival. In some ways, the NICU days seem like a very distant memory, but the memory of all of our worry and fear is still pretty vivid. So his birthday is a huge celebration of how far we've all come, and how well he is doing. I'm so proud of him!

No comments: