Wednesday, December 22, 2010

As luck would have it…

We should be on the road to Lexington right now.  I am off of work for a week (hooray!) and Charlie’s last day of school was today, so I was planning to pack the car this morning, run a few errands while he attended 2 hours of school, and then pick him up with the car packed and ready so we could hit the road.

Pamela took Charlie to her daughter’s school event during the day yesterday, and when she dropped him off last night, she told me he had just gotten sick at her house. He’s been coughing a lot the past few days, though, so we figured he’d just overexerted himself playing with his best bud Tiffani.  He wouldn’t eat much dinner, but I attributed it to the activity as well, and to the fact that he’s a super fickle eater these days.  I bathed him and got him to bed without much concern, and then proceeded to run around like a crazy person - finishing Christmas cards for the neighbors, getting a few last minute things at the store, and then wrapping gifts until 11 – at which time I finally started packing. But it all got done.

This morning Charlie was a little warm when I got him up, but our (cheap, worthless) thermometers (2 of them!) said he didn’t have a fever, so I got him all dressed for school… at which point he barfed on me.  It was brought on by a coughing attack, so I thought he’d just coughed too hard… (you’d think I would have been seeing the signs by now, but not so much).  I changed him and changed myself, called the pediatrician’s office who said it sounded like nothing to worry about since there wasn’t a fever, and proceeded to start packing up to take him to school and packing the car. And then he got sick again. And again. And finally it dawned on me that he probably wasn’t feeling so hot.

After a trip to the pediatrician, the little guy is on antibiotics for his ear infection, running a 101 fever, and possibly has the flu. Yay us!  So instead of being halfway to Lex right now, he’s napping and I’m blogging and trying not to be disappointed (oh, and cleaning up a million little pieces of saltine that Charlie has crunched all over the house).  Oh well – at least it gives me time to post some recent holiday photos:

 

Opening a Christmas gift from Miss Pamela:

027 028

An airport and airplane, with music and bi-lingual voices! So exciting!

031 032

Even Daddy likes it! Pretty funny to listen to the dialog while he plays with the airport, though – it’s all about security pat-downs and people drinking  too many cocktails on their flight!

033 

Charlie at his first concert – all-ages Last Train Home show at Iota.

034 

Charlie had a holiday party with his play group. Thanks to Pamela for helping him make so many friends!

017 018 019 020 021  023 024 025

Is it just me, or does it look like he likes the ladies??

026

Trying to get a two year old to sit and smile next to the Christmas tree proved to be impossible.  I did my best…

010  014 016 

Wishing a happy, healthy holiday and lots of love to our family and friends! 

No comments: