Sunday, September 19, 2010

Baby Book Post - What Charlie is Doing Now

Another post so soon - but this one's for me, as I am thinking about how much I love certain things about this stage and I need a baby book-type entry to remember them all.

Just before I put Charlie down to bed each night, and right after I get him up in the morning, he's the snuggliest. He wraps his little body around me and puts his head on my shoulder and just wants to cuddle. We don't get much of that during the day, so it's my favorite part of our good morning/good night ritual.

Charlie loves to be tickled. He has a great belly laugh and his face gets red so I'll give him a breather, but then he'll look right at me with a pleading look in his face until I tickle him again. I love listening to him laugh.

He's obsessed with his They Might Be Giants CD. When we get to the "High Five" song, he does his high five dance, which involves waiving his hand to the beat. I keep trying to get it on video, but he's got performance anxiety and stops dancing as soon as the camera comes out.

He loves to get sympathy. He likes me to kiss his bug bite "boo-boos" - and when he feels he's not getting enough attention, he'll point at them and whimper/fake cry. He's dramatic, that's for sure. If it wasn't for the aforementioned performance anxiety, I'd think this kid was meant for show biz.

Charlie loves to laugh. Sometimes it's at nothing, he just wants to hear himself giggle. When he's playing with Talking Elmo, he now laughs at all Elmo's (really bad) jokes, which is cute since clearly he doesn't get them yet, but if Elmo laughs, Charlie laughs.

He loves riding in the wagon the Wallaces passed down to us. He's getting too brave in it, though - he thinks it's funny to try to stand up while it's moving. Not funny.

His eating is terrible right now, and he's no stranger to tantrums, but he's also sweeter and funnier now than ever before, which I love.

No comments: