He does not have the chicken pox, as this photo might lead you to believe. One night we were eating indoors and saw welts rise on his face while we were eating, and then saw the mosquito that had somehow ended up in the house. It obviously couldn’t get enough of my sweet boy, as he has at least 6 bites on his face. Poor Pamela said that people lectured her about keeping him outside in the evenings – and meanwhile, it happened a) on our watch, and b) INSIDE! Poor Charlie – the bugs love him.
Oh, and I promise we're feeding him - though his ribs seem to be poking out of him in this photo.
Pamela is now in Peru, and while we miss her dearly, we are so glad she got a chance to take her daughter to visit her sister. Before last year, she hadn’t been able to see her sister in 8 years, so it’s really great that she’s been able to get down there the last 2 summers.
Before she left, she took our extra car seat out of her car and left it in our foyer in case we needed it. We have hardly used it, but Charlie thinks it is pretty fun to sit in his car seat inside the house.
Charlie’s getting really brave these days, and funnier all the time. He loves to wrestle and be thrown around, and he’s begun climbing. The other night, we were playing in the playroom and I was distracted by something, and looked up to find Charlie on top of the table! I guess we can take the bumpers off the outside of the table now that he’s big enough to climb upon it!
Charlie’s also started feeding himself more. He’s decent with a fork, and we’re practicing with the spoon. Pudding is a great motivator:
Charlie is signing really well lately and babbling constantly. He’s recently figured out how to say “ohhhh” and he says it all the time, which I find adorable. He likes to touch parts of my face/body and have me tell him what they are – eyes, nose, hair (which he likes to pull, unfortunately), etc. He’s known his own parts for a while, but it’s funny to see him realize we have the same ones! He looks so much like a BOY – I know I’m like a broken record on this, but I just keep expecting him to still look like a baby, and he doesn’t! On Saturday, I went to get my haircut, and George and Charlie dropped me off and picked me up b/c my sweet hairdresser wanted to see him. I’ve been trimming Charlie’s hair here and there, but she figured he needed a little evening out, and went after him with the clippers and scissors. He looks much neater now, and oh, so boyish!
I think every day about some new thing he is doing and how I should record it in the blog, but by the time I get around to updating, I’ve forgotten all the things I want to record! My brain just isn’t what it used to be!
We’re headed to Michigan on Friday for week on the island – can’t wait!!! I’m sure we’ll have lots of photos to post after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment