Father's Day 2008 - last night in the hospital!

Right around Father's Day 2009 - Charlie's first zoo visit!
Father's Day 2010 - goofing around in the play room:
We enjoyed lots of family time together before Charlie went down for a nap, and then had planned to relax... but our neighbor showed up in our backyard with his shovel making not-so-subtle hints that we needed to clean up our fence and reclaim our vegetable garden. George ended up weeding, cutting vines, shoveling out our compost bin, and tilling soil instead of sitting on the couch with a beer. Oh well, our neighbor generously chipped in big time on the work and once they were done, he brought over folding chairs so they could sit and have a beer and admire their hard work. And then we headed into Georgetown for Old Glory bbq and ice cream, so it wasn't all work!
Happy Father's Day!!

2 comments:
On Father's Day??? Wow, that's pretty rude. Poor George... I'm glad it was a good day, anyway, though!!
I know, right? The thing is, he's SO nice, and has been SO SO helpful (when Charlie was in the NICU I think he mowed our lawn almost every week, last fall he got up on our roof and blew out our gutters for us, he helped George take a door of the hinges and shave it down so it wouldn't stick, etc, etc) - but he's a little bit of a lawn nut. I think he's taken us on as his project since we're still novice homeowners.
Post a Comment