Charlie had a great time on his 2nd Christmas - though he got a little overwhelmed by all the gifts. We had to spread the unwrapping throughout the day. He is a lucky (and slightly spoiled) little guy thanks to all of the people who love him and who are so generous. Thank you!
The day after Christmas, we headed to Charlottesville to visit my Aunt Mary Mac and Uncle Don, and Charlie got to meet some new cousins! It was great to see everyone and Charlie had such fun with all of the other kids.
Luckily the evil stomach bug didn't hit until after we got home on Sunday night. I was sick all Sunday night, Charlie was sick Monday night, I was sick again Tuesday night, and poor Pamela got sick today. Yuck! If it wasn't for the freezing temps and rain, I would open all of our windows and try to get some fresh air in here. Oh well, I'm just really glad to be feeling like myself again finally, just in time to be spending New Years Eve on the couch with my husband. George has to work tomorrow, so as usual, our New Years plans consist of a night at home. Considering that it's cold and wet and a little icy out there, I'm grateful to be enjoying the celebration at home.
2009 has been a year of great strides for our little guy. I was just looking back at my blogs from this time last year, and he was just barely sitting up on his own, and not eating any solid foods yet. Now he's walking short (okay, very short) distances on his own, crawling up the stairs, signing "more", and eating hot dogs and hamburgers and chicken nuggets. His favorite new snack is cucumber wedges dipped in curried mayonnaise - odd, maybe, but I'm just glad he's eating a vegetable! We're so entertained by him and so proud of his many accomplishments!
Christmas photos:
A Christmas book on Christmas Eve with Gram and Papa Rex:

Look Mom, I got a... what is it?

Christmas breakfast:

My parents' friend Nanny brought Charlie a Leap Frog table that her grandkids had grown out of, and it pretty much blew the rest of the gifts out of the water as far as he was concerned!

Charlie liked playing with his Great Grandma Barb, who was happy to share her toys with him:

Christmas wouldn't be complete without a goofy bow-head photo. Plus, he is the best gift I've ever received!

My Aunt Liz sent him a tool belt, complete with a beeper, that was a big hit.

And he got a keyboard from Gram and Papa Rex - so cool! We are enjoying it as much as he is, flexing our musical skills.

Thanks Aunt Katie, Uncle Brent, and Ann - Charlie loves his new fire engine!

I love this picture because it shows how tall Charlie has grown! And what a good beggar he is...

Laughing with his Papa Rex:

Stealing his cousin Drew's pacifier:

Mary and Don have the most popular attraction at their house, a kareoke Santa whose lips move when you talk or sing into the microphone. How cool is that?? Marian entertained us with many a Christmas song.






No comments:
Post a Comment