Saturday, May 2, 2009

Puny boy

Our little guy is still feeling kind of puny. Luckily our pediatrician's office sees babies on Saturday, so we've got an appointment later this morning. He doesn't have much of a fever at this point, but he's got a lot of congestion. It's probably not something a mom of a full-term baby would be overly concerned about, but since Charlie has BPD (lung disease), I can't take it too lightly. I'm sure the doctor will reassure me that he's just fighting a normal cold, and I can relax!

Even when he's not feeling his best, he's still the best kid. Yes, he's a little fussy, but he's still playing around and giving me his sweet grins. Is there anything cuter than a kid smiling from behind a pacifier? It calls attention to his sweet smiley eyes!


When our friend Greg Owen was in town last week, he brought Charlie a great birthday present. Look at these fantastic Paul Frank pjs that Greg and Alyssa picked up for Charlie! I love them - his cute little legs looks extra adorable when covered with monkey faces! :) Unfortunately his hair in these photos looks a little like Ralph in the Simpsons - usually it looks better than that, but it was bedtime.

Check out the chubby belly hanging out from the bottom of the pj top. Barely a year, and already sporting the beer belly!

Here's a quick video. Last week, Charlie got his first hardcore boo-boo - he fell face-first on some plastic blocks, and ended up with a bruise akin to a black eye. It didn't seem to bother him too much - but it looked pretty dramatic! I also included a few seconds of Charlie playing peek-a-boo - his favorite game!

We'll let you know what the doctor has to say after our visit this morning.

No comments: