Saturday, January 10, 2009

Buenos Dias!

Charlie sported the international look one night this week, thanks to his Daddy, and I couldn't resist the photo op!

It's been a busy week - I went back to the office for the first time on Monday, after about 6 months of working at home. The anticipation was rough - but it was actually much easier than I thought to get back into the routine. Plus, it's nice to have a reason to shower and put on real clothes every day! I miss Charlie a ton, of course - the hardest part is that I leave the house around 7 a.m., before he is even awake, and I really miss that sweet, cuddly morning time. But I'll get it on the weekends, and I know it's easier to get ready in the mornings and get out on time when he sleeps through it!
Our nanny, Pamela, is wonderful - she's so sweet with him, and gets him to exercise (tummy time, etc) even when he screams. She's been reading my preemie books to learn more about his potential issues and how to address them. We're really so lucky to have found her!
Our boy still isn't eating any food - we just can't seem to kick the eczema, unfortunately. Judging from this photo, however, he's not starving... We are going to the dermatologist on Thursday (poor kid has 4 doctor's appointments next week plus another RSV shot!) so hopefully he will have some tips for us on how to keep the eczema in check and give us the go ahead to start Charlie on cereal.
Other than that, all is well! We're interested to see what the city will be like on Inauguration Day - they're closing highways and lots of streets downtown, so it's bound to be crazy. Luckily we don't have to be downtown in the midst of all the excitement - we may be missing out on an historical moment, but I just can't imagine wading through those crowds!

No comments: